Firefighter, Hose Rescue Co. Member since 2010
Mike Conforti
Captain,
Hose Rescue Co.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL: 631.427.7250

Home
About Us
| Companies
| Prevention & Safety
| Gallery
| Recruitment
| News & Events
| Juniors
| Contact Us

Huntington Buzz.TV - Electrical Fire Breaks Out at FoodWorx

Monday, July 11, 2011

Nadia R. Seegobin

A shocking electrical one-alarm fire broke out this past Sunday at Foodworx 24-Hour Deli on East Main Street as employee Naiserg Patel was in the middle of helping a customer. Patel said he heard noises that sounded like fireworks and ran outside to see the side of the building and it's electrical wires ablaze.

Halesite Fire Department was the first to respond to the call, and noted a severe overload of electrical current being delivered to the building from the connecting LIPA transformer. Luckily, no one was hurt and the building only suffered minor damage. Foodworx reported to the Buzz that it is open for business. Watch video for a closer look: http://www.huntingtonbuzz.tv/view_article.php?article_id=173




CALENDAR OF EVENTS

NEWS

QUESTIONS FOR THE CHIEF?

The Chief is always available to answer any Halesite FD and saftey questions...click here.

CURRENT NEWSLETTER

JOIN OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Receive important notices about fire safety, upcoming events, and other important information about the Halesite Fire Department.

P: 631.427.1910 | 1 North New York Avenue, Halesite, NY 11743

MEMBER LOG-IN